Common Sense Tips For Using Makeup And Skin Care
Although putting on makeup is more a woman as a world there are some men that also apply it though they are in the minority. Men that use makeup will do so more in the interests of skincare than for looking good. Many women use makeup on a daily basis and this can be damaging to your skin in the long term. This will be even more so if the make up you are using is of poor quality. Saving a dollar or two may certainly be detrimental to your skin in the long run. Makeup should only be used on healthy skin which is really self-explanatory. There is a variety of excellent quality make up products on the market that are formulated using special moisturizers and added herbs that double as skincare in the makeup itself. If you use makeup regularly rather aim for these.
When using makeup there are a few pointers that will help take care of your skin so that you will look good and your skin will not take a beating.
Here is a guide on makeup and makeup products that should help you maintain beautiful skin:
1. When you buy make up products check out the ingredients they have and always but them with your skincare in mind. After all, you will be applying them to your face and body so if they double as skincare then you know they will be worthwhile. If you buy makeup that causes any sort of skin reaction or you see that you are allergic to it avoid it forever. Check for makeup that has excessive alcohol content in it as these are a no-no. They will dry out all the natural oils you have in your skin.
2. Only use makeup before the expiry date. If you have old cosmetics and makeup on your dressing table or in your bathroom cabinet that is passed them? best by? date dispose of them safely.
Always Keep track of the expiry date on your skincare and makeup products. It has been discovered that certain vitamin C products can expire well before the specified date so be careful if you prefer using these.
3. Cleansing your skin before applying to make up is important. The same goes when removing makeup at the end of the day. Naturally, you have heard that it is not good for your skin to sleep with your make up on, so take time using a good makeup cleanser followed by a quality moisturizer before bedtime which should be a good habit. Your make up should also be in good condition. Keep lids tightly shut after you have used them and keep your eyeliner pencils sharp and your lash enhancers sealed.
4. When applying makeup then tie your hair up or cover it with a towel especially if you are applying foundation. Naturally, your hair care follows on to skincare so keep your hair clean is also part of the makeup routine.
5. Take care of your nails properly and use quality nail varnish that has an ingredient in theta keeps your nails from chipping and splitting. Nail care beauticians like to apply a standard color and add a lacquer finish for extra sheen and strength. When you remove nail polish, always be sure to apply a good skincare moisturizer especially to your cuticle area. There are superb cuticle oils that you can find at the makeup counter which contains aloe Vera and other herbal ingredients that are great for your hands.
6. When you use eye shadows use a light color if you have deep-set eyes and rather use a liquid eye shadow rather than the pencil variety. This helps against smudging as well. If you pluck your eyebrows rub in some skin moisturizer straight afterward.
If you are applying to make up the following day try and pluck your eyebrows the night before. Sometimes the area tends to become tender and swell. Makeup may then cause a reaction with the area.
7. For people that suffer from blemishes and acne, care needs to be taken with the choice of foundation products and makeups. Man-made chemical types of makeup can scar and cause even more damage to your skin. A beautician or qualified dermatologist can give you the right advice. There are products available for sensitive skins that can be used. Do not try and squeeze pimples because this can spread infection as well as cause scarring. There are hundreds of very effective products available for teenage acne and for adults that will solve the problem properly without hurting your skin the way squeezing will.
8. Purchase proper makeup removers and complementing pads to clean off makeup. Work over your entire facial area to make sure every bit of makeup is removed and then following with a facial wash.
9. When using deodorants apply them by spraying at least 20cm away from your actual skin unless they are rolling on.
Do not apply deodorants and perfumes to the same part of your body where they may clash.
10. Take time to apply makeup properly when you put it on. A slapdash job will look slapdash and may also be uncomfortable as well. Many women keep a small touch up make up the purse in their handbags to repair little smudges and runs. Also, keep a makeup remover in the same bag as well as ready for emergencies.
Makeup and skincare go hand in hand. The better you take care of your skin the longer you will enjoy smooth elastic and young-looking skin. That’s the secret to the film stars beautiful looking skin. Ensure you follow a proper skincare routine without exception with the best products available on the market.